SMSL D12 is the new high-performance USB DAC-Amp designed around the latest AKM AK4493S DAC Chipset and XMOS’s latest XU316 USB processor chip. It supports decoding for high-resolution 32-Bit/768khz PCM and native DSD audio signals and MQA signals with the USB Input. D12 can also be used with Bluetooth Signal Input. It also features a single-ended 6.35mm headphone output.
SMSL D12 brings AKM AK4493S latest-generation DAC Chipset. It’s a high-quality 32-Bit Stereo DAC chipset provides rich sound output with a clean background and ultra-low distortion in the output signal.
SMSL D12 is equipped with XU316, a 3rd generation high-performance USB Processor from XMOS. It enables high-resolution audio signal decoding on the D12 supporting 32-Bit/768kHz PCM, native DSD512, and MQA audio signal support.
SMSL D12 portable USB DAC-AMP provides the facility of wireless Bluetooth signal input. You can connect it to your smartphone or other devices with Bluetooth functionality. With UAC 1.0 and UAC 2.0 both modes supported, the D12 can be used with low-power sources, such as gaming consoles like the Playstation 5 and the Nintendo switch. Switching between UAC 1.0 and UAC 2.0 is easy with a simple switch on the back.
SMSL D12 doesn’t require any bulky power supply, it features a built-in high-performance power filtering system that helps it to deliver quality performance using only one USB interface for power. SMSL D12 can be used as both pre-amp as well as headphone DAC-AMP. It supports an RCA line-out function and also a 6.35mm single-ended headphone output. The headphone output port provides 400mW of output power at 16Ω impedance load, and 300mW at 32Ω. The device is made using a high-quality CNC-machined aluminum alloy.
- AKM AK4493S DAC Chipset.
- Built-In high-performance Power Filtering System.
- XMOS XU-316 3rd Gen USB Processor.
- Supports 32-Bit/76kHz PCM & Native DSD512 Audio Signals.
- MQA Support.
- Wireless Bluetooth Signal Input.
- Supports gaming consoles (Playstation 5 and Nintendo Switch).
- Compact and Handy Design.
- Anodized CNC Aluminum Alloy Housing.
- High-Power Output with 6.35mm Single-Ended Output.
- RCA Line-Out.
- Dual-USB Modes (UAC1.0/UAC2.0).
- Compatible with Gaming Consoles.
- Input: USB/Bluetooth.
- Output Level: 2.5Vrms.
- Headphone Output Power: 400mW(16Ω), 300mW(32Ω).
- THD+N: 0.00015%.
- DNR: 120dB.
- SNR: 120dB.
- USB Compatibility: Windows 7 & above, Mac OS X 10.6 & above, Linux, Android, iOS. Sony PS5(UAC 1.0), Nintendo Switch(UAC 1.0).
- Signal Bitrate: PCM 32-Bit/768kHz, DSD Native DSD512.
- Power Consumption: <10W.
- Standby Power: <0.5W.
- Size: 139x33x102.5mm.
- Weight: 355 grams.