Moondrop has revealed a single-ended variant of the DAWN 4.4, the DAWN 3.5 portable USB DAC/AMP. They have kept the DAC design and internal circuitry arrangement the same as with the DAWN, housing a Dual DAC chipset from Cirrus Logics (2xCS43131) and dual independent crystal oscillators. The only difference you will notice with the brand new DAWN 3.5mm will be the headphone output port that is now a single-ended 3.5mm instead of the 4.4mm of the OG Dawn DAC-AMP.
Moondrop DAWN 3.5mm supports high-resolution 32-Bit/768kHz PCM as well as native DSD256 signals. DAWN 3.5mm reaches high-performance numbers providing a high dynamic range of 127dB and ultra-low distortion of 0.0002%. The noise level in the output signal is as low as 1.1uVrms. It produces about 2Vrms output level.
Moondrop DAWN 3.5 has a compact form factor that works with PC, Laptops, Mobile phones, and Tablets. The device is fully compatible with the Moondrop Link application.
The new DAWN 3.5 is basically the same as the DAWN 4.4 except for having less power almost as half and a different square design.
- Dual CS43131 DAC chip
- Weight: 11.5g
- Size: 115mm X 13.4mm
- Earphone Jack: 3.5mm single-end port
- Frequency response range: 5hz-87Khz (-3dB)
- Port: USB Type-C
- Background noise: 1.1uV (AES17 20Khz)
- THD+N: 0.0002% (AES17 20kHz, without load)
- SNR: 127dB (ALS17 20Khz, A-weight)
- Firmware upgrade: Support (Connect PC)
- Gain: High/Low (Software switching)
- Line-out: 2Vrms (High), 1Vrms (Low)
- Price: 64.99$